In order to vote, you must be registered.
School Board Elections are incorporated directly into the November 3 General Election, meaning you cast your vote for this local election at the same time as you cast your vote for President.
Ways to Register
To register to vote in Texas, simply complete a voter registration application and return it to your county election office at least 30 days before the upcoming election date. To complete an application, you may:
- Complete an application using the SOS ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION. Simply fill in the required information, print, sign and mail directly to your county election office.
- Request a PRINTED APPLICATION. A voter registration application will be mailed to the address provided.
- Contact or visit your local VOTER REGISTRAR to complete the voter registration process.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age on
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
For additional information on voting in Texas, please visit www.votetexas.gov.